Third-party assistance

Students may have their tuition and fees paid by agencies or businesses, or receive scholarships from sources outside of VCU. Check payments received from non-personal bank accounts will be processed as third-party payments.

Some scholarships and third-party awards, including 529 plans, request the housing and dining rates allotted for students living off campus. Students should contact us to determine the rates used for the financial aid cost of attendance based on the student’s classification.

Learn more about how different types of third-party assistance are processed: